Saturday, October 16, 2010

brought to you by the letter "Y"

We have the letters of the alphabet in magnets on our refrigerator, so I closed my eyes and picked a letter for today's post.
So this post is brought to you by the letter "Y".

Yipee... it's the weekend. No having to get dressed to bring the girl's to school. Just sitting here in my cozy bathrobe until I decide to get out of it.

Yikes...I hear my children singing opera up in their room. Good grief. They are not opera singers. Or I should say, they are not good opera singers.

Yuck...I have a sore throat. I am also coughing up junk. I am swallowing Echinacea tablets to keep this from turning into a full blown cold.

Yellow....is the color of the junk I'm coughing up. Not that you needed to know that, but yellow is a "Y" word.

Yesterday...I got a popcorn hull stuck in my throat. Actually I think it got stuck in my windpipe. Man that hurt. It stayed there for most of the night stabbing me in the throat. This morning I woke up and it was gone, but now my windpipe is sore along with my sore throat from the cold I'm trying to prevent.

Yardwork...is on the agenda for this weekend. Leaves are falling, flowers and shrubs are dying and need to be cut. Our yard needs to be put to bed for the winter. It's going to be a beautiful, sunny day today and tomorrow, so yardwork it is.

Yet...how can I help with yardwork if I'm going to be gone most of the day? My sister is having her sisters and some other girls over for a "her husband's out of town" party. Hubby is going to have to do yardwork without me.

Yeah....like that's gonna happen.

Yet again...he could surprise me and start without me. I know I used the word "yet" twice.

Yes...I know I'm running out of things to say with using the letter "Y" so...

Y'all...have a great weekend. I'm not southern so I should write...

Yous...guys have a great weekend. No..I am in the North, but I'm not a Jersey girl so...

You...all have a great weekend. OK, that's more like me.

4 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

I love this game. But I hate getting popcorn stuck in my throat. Or my teeth. Or my nostril. (Don't ask)

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great idea for a post. This girl who has nothing to post these days needs to do this. Might help. Love how at the end you were having a conversation with Yourself. LOL
Hope the yardwork got done & feel better.

Bridget said...

Cute post! Hope you're feeling better.

Together We Save said...

Fun post!! Hope you are feeling better and you were able to have fun with your sister!