Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Wrap-Up


Summer is not officially over, but since school has started back up, it's over for us. Even though it was 90 degrees today and will be in the high 80's all week. Here's a look back at some of the things that went on around here.

Pearl the cat sat around on a cat pillow.

Phoebe glammed up Abby in green. Makeup and all.

Phoebe and Abby played on the Wii on the rainy days of summer. (which was most of June and July) Record scores in golf.

Phoebe and Abby had a lemonade and cookie stand and gave the money to the FVHA.

Abby caught a butterfly at a park and let it out in our backyard. Haven't seen it since. Do they migrate back to their original home? Hope not....that would have been a long flight.

A trip to a little amusement park on one of the hottest days brought out Spongebob ice cream..
..and sno-cones!
and rides that if they would have spun around a few more times....I would not have been smiling. Bleh!

We wrapped up August with an outdoor wedding. On the second hottest day of the summer!

Too much rain, millions of mosquitoes, lots of heat and humidity, one day at the beach.
I'm kind of glad it's over.

7 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

I wanted to do a post like this and title it...104 of summer vacation and school comes along just to end it!! From Phineus and Ferb on Disney Channel! looks and sounds like you had a great summer. Love the last pic of the girls.

Cheeseboy said...

Those are some good times, but I am surprised that no one got the Tiger's Blood... Love the Tiger's Blood.

He & Me + 3 said...

I think it sounds like a perfect summer. you forgot to mention all the geocaching you have been doing too. I still have yet to try that.
Cute picture of the girls. Phoebe is soooooo tan. Wow

amanda said...

you got in one more day at the beach then we did. i am sort of bummed we missed the beach this summer!!

Bridget said...

Sounds like a fun summer! The last pic of the girls is adorable!

Beth E. said...

Sounds great to me! Well...except for the rain, heat, humidity, and mosquitoes. We've had all of that here, too! The weatherman for our local TV station said that it was the hottest summer on record for our area! I think we've only had one week that it has NOT been in the 90's. I'm soooo ready for autumn!

Sweet, sweet pics of you and your family. I cold just smooch on your girls' faces. ;-)

Melissa said...

looks like you had fun this summer....it sounded great to me at least :0) we didnt play outside that often due to the mosquitoes too!