Of course good things happened this week, but tonight I am highlighting the things that bummed me. In no particular order...
1. It rained most of the week. Along with high winds and hail.
2. Which in turn made our basement wet.
3. Which got a ton of my wrapping paper wet. I believe a box of blankets got wet too, but I don't want to dig to the bottom of the box to find out.
4. One of my children had a fever for 3 days.
5. So I took my other child to the mall just to get away for awhile. While there, we noticed that girls wear their shorts just below their buns. I informed my child that she will never own a pair of those shorts.
6. My husband was working at home all week. Yes this bums me....nothing gets done when he's home. That and the fact that sometimes he just bugs me.
7. Went to my daughters friends house with my two, to play with their two. The house is so perfect and spotless and no way looks like two kids live there. (OK, I'll be the first to call it jealousy) The visit was nice though.
8. Spent tons of money just grocery shopping. Why does it always happen that you need all the expensive things at once. (toilet paper, cat litter, laundry soap...the list goes on)
9. I needed to go to shopping twice, because my cart was too full to load everything in it the first time .
10. I made a great supper the night after shopping and nobody was hungry.
11. Got questioned by a security guard at a hospital while geocaching. (He was cool with it)
12. Had way too many hot flashes last night.
13. Cut my grass twice this week.
14. Took my daughter to a birthday party at a park today. Some little kids dirty diaper was changed on top of a picnic table with no padding under him. Not once, but twice. Two different picnic tables. I'll never eat off a picnic table without a tablecloth again.
15. My other daughter had a friend over today. This friend ate most of my Hershey bars. Not sure if I should be bummed by this or thank her for saving me from eating them.
16. I quickly finished my library book this morning so I could go to the library and get a new one for the rest of the weekend. The library is closed on Saturdays in the summer.
Ok so this is not the happiest of posts. I will end with a few good things.
1. Payday was Friday, and all the bills are paid.
2. The cupboards aren't bare.
3. We found our 1000th geocache in less than one year since we started doing this.
4. My child's fever is gone.
5. My daughters Hershey bar fiend, I mean friend, is gone.
6. My husband goes back on the road Monday.
7. Hopefully all the rain that is yet to come will wash away the poopy picnic table filth.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I would be so bummed, too. Hope next week is better!!
This made me laugh. BTW, I have been home all summer and I am pretty sure I am bugging the crud out of my wife. She is ready for me to go back already.
Omgosh. You are too funny. Love that friend that ate your chocolate. LOL so sorry about that. I know that when my hubs is home. Ahem...most of the summer...I go nuts. Just throws the schedule all off.
Glad the fever is gone.
gross about the picnic table yikes.
Wow! That was quite a list.
(geocaching in a hospital...wild! :)
Post a Comment