God gave me you two, to nurture, and love, and take care of. He entrusted to me, the job of bringing you up to love and serve the Lord.
I'm doing my best to be the kind of mom that God wants me to be.
I fail, I know that. I sometimes yell too much. I am selfish at times and want to be left alone. I get mad when things don't go my way.
I'm learning girls. I ask God to show me what he wants me to do to raise you. Sometime I don't do as He says.
I need to keep that in mind when you two don't do what I say.
So how cool, girls... we are all daughters to God. That makes us sisters in Christ! Not only do we have the bond of family, but also the bond of being one with Christ.
Phoebe: Your beauty takes my breath away at times. I look at you and sometimes can't believe that I gave birth to you. You really are a very pretty girl. The brains that God gave you amazes me. I thank God that you got that gift not only from God, but also from your dad. I pray that you use them to your best ability, and also for God's purpose for your life. Please hold out on wanting to be grown up. I know you think it's cool, but trust me, it's not cool to your mom. I am loving your age, and seeing that indeed you are growing up. One year at a time OK? I love you. Alot, even though you may not think that at times.
Abigail: Girl, you crack me up! You don't even try to be funny, you just are. You bring joy to me every day. You are always quick with a hug and kiss. I love how you want to stay little. That my dear, is fine with me. God has given you a great gift and talent of drawing. I pray that you do with it what God has intended for your life. I think your beauty is stunning! I never tire of looking at you. You make it easy to be a mom. Please carry that in to your teen years. I love you much.
God: Thank you for entrusting these two precious, beautiful girls to me. I'm trying, I'm trying, you know I'm trying to do my best. Continue to guide me in the raising of my daughters. Thank you for giving me my mother as a great example of how to raise girls. I find myself doing much of what she did. I hated a lot of it growing up, but I see it now as the perfect and right thing to do with my girls. I wish she was here today so I could tell her. You can tell her for me. Tell her hi, I miss her, and I love her too.
To my 3 children in heaven, I would have loved taking care of you here on earth. What fun a family of 5 kids would be. I smile thinking about it. God had other plans, and I know His plans are greater than mine could ever be. I know I will see all of you someday in heaven. What a joyful time that will be. Until then, know that you are loved and that you were all a huge part of making me the mother I am today.
Phoebe and Abigail, Thank you for making my job as a mom pretty easy. It's not always fun, but for the most part, you're real good kids and it is a blessing to be called your mom.
I am proud to be given the title of Mom, and to be a part of why we celebrate this day we call Mother's Day.
Love, Mom



8 comments:
Beautiful Stephanie. I take being a Mom for granted so often. It is a pure privilege. Your girls are beautiful and you are a wonderful mom. I hope that your girls read this post. It is perfect.
Happy Mother's Day!
You made me smile, you made me tear up..what a wonderful post and I hope you have a wonderful mother's day to match it!!
Beautiful. Happy Mother's Day, Stephanie!
what precious little girls! they are blessed
to have such a loving mommy.
my heart breaks for you about the other
three. i can't imagine how you have
survived. you are an inspiration.
Awww...that was beautiful!!!
so sweet. you are a great mom. it helps to have great kids too! :0) of course a great God may also have something to do with it. lol.
What sweet letters to your girls! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
I have chills...what a beautiful Mother's Day post.
You are truly a blessing to your girls, your husband, your tiny angels and to God.
Sweet.
Post a Comment