Monday, May 31, 2010

Our Weekend

and what a busy, fun filled weekend it was.

Saturday we went geocaching from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Perry bought a new hat when we found a cache at a surplus store.

Abby needing a drink after a hot trek in the woods. Their grandma made them mini versions of the bag that Perry carries on his geocaching adventures. Got to carry the essentials...water, kleenex, snacks, trade items, socks, toilet paper... Hers seems to be blending in to the environment. :o)

On Sunday, Perry and I went to my friends daughters wedding. Do we clean up well? HA!

The bride and her dad. (30 years ago this Nov. he was marrying my best friend)

The attendants dresses were adorable! The bride....gorgeous!
We had a ball at the wedding.

The girls spent the night at grandma's. Abby enjoyed her curlers.

We spent a lot of the week and weekend in the pool.
We took it down tonight. What a job that was! Our yard got a good flooding.

The girl's and me celebrating my birthday.

After school on Friday, I took the girls for their first pedicure. I haven't had one myself in a while, so it was a treat for me too. (I have no pictures) They (I) loved it! It was so relaxing, and they loved the cute colors and jewels and polka dots and flowers that they got.

On Memorial Day, we picked the girls up, Phoebe had a friend over to swim, and I took off geocaching by myself. I had fun until the GPS batteries died. :o(

Came home and had one of my sisters and her husband over for a cookout, and plain ol' fun.

Back to school for Phoebe tomorrow. She's finally done on Thursday.
Abby has kindergarten screening tomorrow.
Perry works at home.
I probably need to catch up on laundry. (Does anyone really catch up?)

My cat, Pearl just batted a HUGE centipede off the wall and it ran off somewhere near me!!!
It better have found a hiding place! I'm all creepy crawly now. Shudder!

It was a very fun weekend, and the beautiful, hot weather was a plus.

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow girl you were busy too. I have got to try that Geocaching thing. everyone is talking about it. I was just thinking about it the other day while driving home from Model's Soccer tournament. IT would be fun to try.
How fun to get pedi's with the girls. Need toe pictures :)
why did you take the pool down? it looks so refreshing.
Yes, you do clean up well. Love your dress. Was Perry boiling in that suit?
Happy Tuesday. Summer is almost here.

Bridget said...

Looks like it was a fun weekend! Love that you and the girls got pedis together! :D

Libbie said...

Wow! You got a lot done this weekend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How fun to take the girls for a pedi! Someday I will probably do that with Annie.

You did look gorgeous for the wedding too! And LOVED the bridemaid's dresses! Sometimes I wish I could do that again-have a wedding-everything is so cute now! I love seeing all you guys did!

Anonymous said...

You do clean up nicely! :) And your girls are adorable!!!

amanda said...

loved the pictures!! weddings are so much fun. i love them. i think it's great the girls have their own mini-caching bags. sorry the batteries died on you for your own caching time. it seems crazy with the weather the rest of the week that it was 90's huh? oh well. is IS wisconsin

wife.mom.nurse said...

It does look like a fun weekend!

You look terrific :)

I was just talking with hubby about doing more geocaching (sp?)this summer...fun!

Hope this weekend is just as fun :)