
Now doesn't that sound appetizing?
Oh but these are sooo good!
I am trying to eat healthier, but I don't always, so I started adding one or two of these smoothies to my day and they are filled with so many good and healthy things, that I can make one of these a meal.
My favorite so far, and what I have been drinking for the past 3 days is the..
Berry Blast
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blueberries
1 apple (cut up for an easier blend)
3 handfuls of baby spinach
2 cups water
Blend together the fruit and water for 30 seconds. Add spinach and blend until smooth.
Spinach?! Yup..trust me, you can't even taste it. The fruit flavors come out and overpower the spinach. But think of all the vitamins and goodness you are getting from the spinach. Just don't tell your kids what's in it. They will love it.
Banana Smoothie
1/2 Romaine lettuce
3 bananas
2 cups water
Blend the bananas with water for 30 seconds. Add lettuce and blend until smooth.
Warming Ginger
1 head Romaine lettuce
1 cup pineapple
1 large mango
1 inch fresh ginger
2 cups water
Blend the fruit, ginger and water for 30 seconds. Add lettuce and blend until smooth.
I got these recipes out of a magazine from Victoria Boutenko's book Green Smoothie Revolution
I doubt I'll ever totally go raw and green, because I like food too much, but this is something I can add to my day, and know that's it's healthy. And if I don't tell my kids that I added spinach or lettuce, they will drink it too.
I do mix up the ingredients at times. If I have different fruits, I will use those. I am going to blend me up a banana smoothie right now, but I don't have romaine lettuce, so I will use spinach. Fresh fruits can be expensive, so I sometimes buy bags of frozen fruit. (with no sugar added)
I also don't always following the measuring directions. I probably would halve or quarter the head of lettuce, because that just sounds huge!
With the warmer days ahead of us, these are very refreshing. Try one and let me know if you loved it.



11 comments:
i'm sure you can't taste the 'green' in them...but i'm such a mind person me knowing it's in there would be really hard for me to try it. i do love smoothies though. i hate cleaning the blender after!
Hmmm, the jurys still out on this one...I may have to give it a try, who knows.
I am SO going to try this recipe!!
Hmmmm. If you could see my nose turned up you'd laugh. Ick. I can't imagine having veggies in my fruit smoothies, but I'll take your word for it. :-/ Hee Hee.
k...I am trusting you and am gonna try the berry one! And maybe one of my two kids will like it! Thanks for the recipes!
Never thought of adding spinach or lettuce to smoothies. Our favorite is frozen strawberries and bananas blended with soymilk. Yum.
An Arkies Musings
I can't even get my kids to drink plain smoothies...not sure I could get them to try the ones with spinach. Although I would drink them.
oooh, I love it...what a great way to sneak spinach into my kids diet!!
I'm going to try these...thanks! There's a green smoothie I drink called a Green Monster. It also uses spinach. It's delicious!
I am not so sure I would ever try lettuce in a smoothie. Just the thought makes my stomach turn. LOL
I am SO going to try this recipe!!
indian classified site
Post a Comment