Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After Thanksgiving

The day after Thanksgiving and all through the house
our children were wakened by our neighbor (the louse)

After stuffing ourselves with turkey and pie,
we felt like the animals who live in a sty.

We all gave our thanks to the Lord up above
for providing for us, food, shelter, and love.

Today there's no shopping, just time spent with my honey,
Another good reason....I don't have the money.

The day after Thanksgiving we sit home and rest.
With family and friends, and you know...that's the best!

Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

Grace said...

You and I done the very same thing :0) I do not want to go out so early in the cold just to not get what I went after.

Anonymous said...

Cute poem!

He & Me + 3 said...

You are too cute. I love this.

Bridget said...

Love the poem and the funny about the pants!!!

Beth in NC said...

LOL ... too funny Steph!

E @ Scottsville said...

See, that's how my THANKSGIVING DAY was. AT home, doing nothing... Jason had the kids for about 4 1/2 hours in the afternoon, but other than that... we were lazy.

Late on Thanksgiving night we went and saw "The Blind Side". EXCELLENT MOVIE!! A must see!

Yesterday while you were chilling, I was celebrating Thanksgiving with my mommy. =0)

Anonymous said...

LOL That photo summs it up good lol
Love the poem

heidi said...

Nice poem, yo. :-)

You know what I Miss? When you used to be the first comment on your own posts. I loved that! LOL