Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another First

Abigail started preschool today. She was so excited that she jumped right out of bed and volunteered to brush her teeth without me reminding her.

Her smile shows the excitement of how she was feeling about this day.

And it didn't quit even when we got to school.
She wanted me gone, so the teacher could start the class. I was not missed. :o(
I was close to tears but I held it in. A lot of it was from thinking back when Phoebe started preschool at the same place, and Abby was just a toddler hanging by my side. A few of those same toddlers are now in preschool with Abby.

She made new friends, knew an old friend, and is eager to go back on Friday. sniff.

11 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Wow, what a great attitude. I hope mine are as eager, and I hope I can keep it together as well as you seem to be. I hope she has a great first day!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh she is just adorable. Love her excitement. Hope I hold it together when I drop both of mine of next week...

E @ Scottsville said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, well I'm glad you made it with no tears. I know, it's HARD!

Goodness... they just don't know how much we love 'em! =0)

Someday they'll have their own & then they'll get it. Course then you'll be a GRANDMA!

okay Erica - quit rushing things!

He & Me + 3 said...

She is adorable. That is so neat, that she had a great day. I am not sure why I always think Abby is older than Stunt Man. Precious our little preschoolers.

wife.mom.nurse said...

awwwww

I love the smiles and proud looks.
sweet

~*Michelle*~ said...

beautiful smile!!!!

Grace said...

I had the same tearful feeling when my youngest started pre school this year.I have learned that I can do so much housework/relaxing while he is gone.I'm so glad she was so excited and smiley because kids tears brings our tears.

Beth in NC said...

She looks so beautiful and excited! Our babies are growing up. Sniff, sniff.

amanda said...

awwww. amelya will be jealous of that tinkerbell backpack!! :0) love the pictures. hope she has a great day today!!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!



And I love the apple holding pic in your header!

Bridget said...

Awwww she looks so sweet and SO excited! What a big day for her!