Friday, July 24, 2009

A whole lot of not much

Stuff going on with our week.

Phoebe went to the doctor this morning because of a cough that's been hanging on for several weeks. She had a slight fever too. Her lungs were loaded with gunk, so she's on an antibiotic. I'm heading to a health store to inquire about probiotics.


I've got the same cough, but mine is productive and just about over. But I will look in to probiotics for me too, and the rest of the family.

Perry comes home from work today, after being away since July 13.
Then he heads out again on Monday. sigh. Happy he still has a job.

I smashed my finger in a drawer today. No biggy, it's sore, I'll live.


Had a great bible study with the ladies yesterday. Jesus Christ is Lord! amen.

My children actually ate food at Subway today instead of some yucky for you hamburger joint. That pleased me.


Payday was today.

I got my haircut. Not a major difference, the mop needed thinning out. A few inches off, more layering and a ton of thinning. The pile she swept up could have made a great wig for somebody.


Abby's imagination is something else. The cheap little container she got in her kids meal at Subway is now her ipod with video games if you get bored.

Phoebe is the master of money finding. So far this week she managed to find (outside the home)
24 cents.

July is a long month. (I'm not complaining)

Time to go meet Perry at the airport, and make the most of our weekend before Monday rolls around .


A great weekend to all.

9 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

i love this post. random is good and informative.
Hope everyones cough goes away soon...I am in the same boat. Yuck.
Hope you have a great weekend with hubs. I am thankful mine still has a job too:)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Love the random posts too. Praying your precious girl gets better soon. Hope you have a great weekend.

Beth in NC said...

I pray you and your little one feels better ASAP, especially for your special weekend with your hubby!

God bless you and your family.

McCrakensx4 said...

I hope you and your daughter feel better soon; coughs are no fun! What a fun post...
Seemed like a productive week! I hope you and hubby have a great weekend.

Grace said...

Sending best wishes to you and yours for a super duper fun filled weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ouch to your finger!

I'm getting my hair cut today, yay!

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh,that big smiley face waving his smashed thumb would've been SOOOO perfect the other day when I missed the 'nail' and hit my thumb with the hammer. Ugggh!

Five Moms & A Blog said...

I'm so proud of you for coming back and telling us your true age. You rock, Girly!

All harassment files can be sent to:

The Five Moms
241 Nobody Cares
Blogland, USA 45678

wife.mom.nurse said...

You guys have had quite a time with your health.

I think that we had that same bug here too. My boy must have coughed for a month. I "almost" took him to the doctor a half a dozen times, but then he seemed a bit better each day.