
Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!
June 2007 - Perry was working about 3 hours west of where we lived. The girls and I decided to drive out and surprise him at his hotel. He said he was only working until 1, so I had it all planned out that we would arrive there around the time he would be getting back to his hotel.
It's after 1:00 and I don't see his car. So I call him and ask what he's doing. He still thinks I'm home. He said he's just hanging around the job site because there is nothing to do at the hotel.
He said he would probably leave there in an hour or two.

Oh poo, I had to let him in on our secret that we were at his hotel, and wanted to surprise him.
He was so happy and said he'd be there in a few minutes.

We had a great rest of the day. The area we were in, is full of bluffs, so we drove up and looked down upon the city. We had a great dinner, then walked around the quaint little city, and along the mighty Mississippi River. It was a beautiful warm evening. After a night in the hotel, Perry had to report back to work, and the girls and I drove home.
I usually never have the radio on, but Phoebe wanted to hear some music, so as I was fiddling with the stations, I missed my exit. By the time I realized it, we were way off, and my exit, turned into an hour long drive on the back roads.

We were about 45 minutes from home, when Abby said she was sick and proceeded to throw up. I couldn't find a place to pull off, so she sat with it all over her for about 20 minutes, when I finally pulled off in to a church parking lot and cleaned her up as best I could. (her first bout with car sickness)

We got home about 1 p.m., but should have gotten home around 11 a.m. Oh well, we did get home, and despite all the distractions, we had a great time.

Phoebe's having a great time! Abby just cares about that drink.
Since I just discovered these fun little faces, you will probably see them on my posts for awhile.





8 comments:
What a great story!
Love the little faces, they're cute!
Thanks for joining me on my walk today. It's fun!!!
Erica
Oh my word other than the throw up...sounds like a fun little trip. Cute smiley faces.
What a great story. And an awesome view!
Cute post and cute smiley faces. By the way your girls are adorable!!
What a great story. Loved the pictures and I am really loving all these happy,jumpy smiley faces.
Sometimes you have to go to a lot of work to have a little fun. I bet your husband really appreciated your efforts though.
Do your girls remember that trip?
♥Hope
What an adventure...too bad about the tummy!
Loved the smiley faces! Way cool! I'll be happy to see them around!
gagging at the throw up smell i'm sure your car had. speaking of cars smelling...amelya spilled milk in the van the other day. now that it's warmer. it's getting stinky. blech.
i love the pictures.and look at how little the girls look!! crazy.
Post a Comment