Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Silence is Deafening

Phoebe and Abigail are spending the night at grandmas house. They have been waiting all day to get over there. Phoebe has been packed for two days, and she wasn't even sure it was going to happen. They both packed for a weeks stay, but they will be home tomorrow.

Perry and I were going to have a nice date night, and some nice alone time.

That is until he got a call this afternoon to go to a job 4 hours from here.
He'll be gone overnight and be home sometime tomorrow. sigh.

I had some great plans for my time alone. Take a walk, grab a cup of JO to GO, and sit in my sun room and read my book. HA

You know what I really did?

I made a large pan of lasagna, ate a row of it, and read blogs, and watched Vlog-emos. I'm heading to the strawberry shortcake soon.

Nice huh? (shaking head)

It is so quiet here. It's good for now, but I wouldn't want this all the time.

I think know God wants to talk to me. I'm ignoring Him. He's not buying it. Typical parent/child scenario. Except, He's God! and well... enuf said.

I better go. (trudges off to face my Father)

7 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Hope your talk went well. I am sure the girls had a great time. So sad you did not get that alone time with Perry. Right before I read this I told The Mister I was going to go to the farmers market tomorrow so I could get yummy strawberries to make my strawberry shortcake trifle for this weekend. Now I really want it after reading this.

He & Me + 3 said...

Good for you talking with the Father. I hope you had a nice visit and that he shared something great that you want to share with us.
I love the stillness when everyone else is asleep. Peaceful, but you are right...It is nice once in a while.

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, last year when my kids were gone for three days, I was a WRECK! I cried and was miserable. What a big baby I am!

Hope you had a good night and heard what God had to say. =0)

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

An unplanned night to yourself??? Bliss!
I hope you had a good heart-to-heart with your Heavenly Father. :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

Hope you and DADDY had a good talk...

I get sad when I look forward to spending time with my hubby and the rug gets pulled out from under my feet.

I hope you are doing ok without the girls! That is a hard one for me sometimes...I want time, but I miss the heck out of them.

Take care my friend.

Julie

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Well, I'm glad you were able to have a lovely time with everyone gone!

I sooo understand what you're saying. You can always tell when the Lord is nudging you, can't you?

Have a great weekend!

~ Nan

heidi said...

Wait..what? What is this 'quiet' you speak of? Completely foreign to me.