Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Yesterday was a gorgeous warm day, so I left my house to fend for itself, and the girls and I took to the beach. Actually it's the neighboring cities pool, but instead of a cement pool, they have a man made lake surrounded by sand. We sat there for 5 hours. Well, I sat, the girls played. I did get in the water a little, but I'm more of a land lover. Here they are catching tadpoles.
more tadpole catching
sandcastle making #1 (some little kid destroyed it before I could get a picture)
digging holes
I wanted to leave at 5:00, but they decided that they didn't swim at all and needed to get in the water. So they swam and I sat until 6:00. They still didn't want to leave, but my poor cat was starving (ya right) so I finally got them out of the water by 6:10. We had a great time, and my tan has been started.


Oh, here's that dumb church picture we had taken. OK, maybe not so dumb, but it's not what I wanted. Yawn...borrring! (picture taken of a picture)

8 comments:

wife.mom.nurse said...

it's a cute pix, but I love the other much better :)

Your girls are eye candy. What fun hunting tad poles!

Bridget said...

Definitely a good picture of all of you guys, but still lovin' the matchy pics of you and the girls! Looks like the girls had fun yesterday! We have to drive an hour and a half to get to the beach and the lake, but it is so worth it!

E @ Scottsville said...

Okay, although it may not be the picture you WANTED, its still a very nice picture! Treasure all of them... =0)

I like it cuz it has all four of you in it!!!

Glad y'all enjoyed the 'beach'.

Sheryl said...

i love the idea of having a manmade lake with its own beach! so much more fun than the pool. sounds like you all had a great day!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

What a fun place to have to go for the summer. The girls looked so cute playing in the sand. I liked the directory picture, but really liked the other one you had done. It seems like all the directory pictures look alike. Ours is so similar, just with younger kids.

Five Moms & A Blog said...

Well, I think you all look wonderful!

It is funny how you try so hard to coordinate and then you can't even tell in these pictures!

In one of our "formal" portraits my hubby is wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. It was the only red he had, so since it was summer we went for a casual theme, lol!

~ Nan

Tim said...

What a neat place!

The first time I took the kids to the pool this year I ended up with a horendous sunburn!

Church pics are ALWAYS the worst!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

He & Me + 3 said...

YOur family is beautiful! I love that picture. What a fun and cool thing a man made beach. Looks so fun. I love the land too.