It started out Friday with my birthday party. Just the girls were invited. My 5 sisters and mother-in-law, and my girls. They are very generous with gift giving and everything I received is very much appreciated. We ate and laughed a lot.
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday. What the heck did I do Saturday? Oh! Not much. I woke up feeling awful and ended up throwing up and slept in all morning. Then sat around the rest of the day with a queasy stomach. Later at night, I was eating lemon slices, rinds and all, and wondered if eating the rinds was safe. So I googled it and found out that they are good to eat, and help get rid of a queasy stomach. Well, if I knew that I would have eaten them earlier.
Sunday, we went for a ride after church, and brought a picnic lunch with us. What a gorgeous sunny day it was. We went to an old mill that has been converted in to a quaint shop. I found some beautiful matching shirts for the girls and I. (Our church is having a portrait session this week so I think these shirts will look great. I'll post photos of them later this week.) They have beautiful grounds with a tiny little church in the woods. It seats about 12. While at the mill, the resident cat was prowling around and found an open window. He walked out on the ledge, if you can call it a ledge. The thing was about an inch wide. So out he walked, and when he got to the other window to come back in, he found out the window wasn't open. We couldn't open it for him because he was standing in front of it. He tried turning around and whoops...down he fell. From the 3rd story! He bounced off the awning on the 2nd floor and continued to fall the rest of the way in to the shallow river. We rushed outside and there he was, cleaning his wet paws off. His back was not wet at all. No doubt, he used up one of his 9 lives.
(open window on top floor of mill where cat fell out)
This place is called The Red Mill. It doesn't look very red!
There's a neat covered bridge. The tiny church is in the background.
Monday morning, the girls and I went to the Memorial Day parade, and a ceremony of remembrance in the cemetery. The rest of the afternoon was spent planting veggies and flowers in the backyard. With results of a sunburned nose for me.
I was showered and in my jammies by 5:00.
It was a busy, but wonderful weekend.
Today is back to school for Phoebe, and catch up on laundry for me.



9 comments:
fun time mom
So glad you had a great Memorial Day!!! Sounds splendid!
Erica
D.T. eats lemons with the rind on, too! *sucking in my cheeks*
Sounds like a beautiful weekend. I remember when I was preggo with my last, all I wanted to do was eat lemons and drink lemonaid, I was so sick in the beginning. Now it makes sense.
Sounds like a fun weekend. Love all the pictures. That covered bridge is so cool. A picnic sounds so fun!
Well, it sounds like you had a great birthday and a nice holiday weekend (except Saturday, that is...glad you got to feeling better!!) I love the pictures!!
Love the pictures. The mill and the bridge pictures are so cool.
Love the one with you and yours girls, too. So sweet and you all look so pretty.
Glad you're feeling better now. Once you're caught up on laundry feel free to help me with mine, lol!
~ Nan
i love the red mill. we used to go there all the time when we went camping around there. how fun!!
What an awesome place! I wanna come next time, ok?
Post a Comment