Monday, April 6, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

It's not really manic here. Just put an old Bangles song in my title, because it fit with it being Monday.

Nothing really worth writing about over here. Just another day. I guess that's a good thing. Nobody is sick, or hurt. So much for nobody hurt... updated about 5 minutes later, than when I typed this. Just got a call from school that Phoebe hit her head on the slide, but is ok. They checked her pupils out to see if they were dilating, (they are) and she refused an ice pack and wants to go back to class, but they need to call us and let us know what's going on.

Nice and quiet. The T.V. is off, Abby is playing in the basement. Perry is working in his office in the basement. I did some cleaning, then talked to a friend/cousin-in-law for over an hour.

And after stepping on the scale this morning, SHOCKED with what I saw, I will be walking on my treadmill shortly, and I will NEVER eat again. OK, so I will eat again, but I am going to try to eat healthier. Good grief! C'mon how does one gain 4 pounds in a weekend? How can those few pieces of cinnamon bread among other breads and fries, and burgers, and other assorted junk put 4 pounds on me? :o/ Ugh.

Amanda at The House With The Blue Door received my Pay It Forward gifts, and now wants to pay it forward herself. Like me, she doesn't get a lot of blog traffic, so if anyone wants to receive some great little gifts, or knows somebody who does, she wants to Pay It Forward to you/somebody. Swing on over to her house with the blue door, (her blog) and sign up.

I was just staring at a cute little address book that I have next to me, and it has a bible scripture on it that reads...Encourage one another daily...Hebrews 3:13. So here is my encouragement for you today...


Psalm 34:4 - I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.


Wow, that says a lot! We seek, He answers, and delivers. We can pile up a lot of fears in our life. Just knowing that God can deliver us from ALL of them is encouraging.

Seek Him today. May He bless all of you. I know I feel blessed.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks again for the gifts, and thanks for commenting! I really appreciate you posting something for me. Have a great day!

Sheryl said...

Thanks for those encouraging words at the end of your post. If I seek the Lord He WILL answer! How great is that. Glad you're having a "quiet" Monday. Hope the rest of your week is great.

He & Me + 3 said...

You get alot of calls from the school don't you? Yep, I got lots of calls when actress was in first grade...she loved going to the office. lOL
i hear you on Manic Monday. I am exhausted. Need to seek Him.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I hope that your little girl's head is okay. That's great that she wanted to go back to class!