We are pleased parents and leave feeling so wonderful that our child is well behaved. In public.
Then we come home.
Phoebe does her homework, then goes out in the backyard to play. She's out there for quite awhile.
She comes in, and I play cards with her and Abby. All is calm.
Then she asks me if I can take her to the park. I say no.
Why?
It's too cold and windy.
It is not.
It is too.
Give me one "bad" reason. (as she puts it)
I don't want to. It's cold. It's late. You have to take a shower. It's windy. It's getting dark. I gave her many reasons.
Then to be not so mean and somewhat fair, I said I would take her if she could guess the right card that I picked. (I had one in 52 chances that she would be right)
She was wrong. Abby was wrong. I even gave them several chances.
No park.
Let the whining begin. and go on and on and on.
She even tried tears and the "you don't love me" line.
At last it was NO and she went up to shower. I wanted to brush her hair, but she was still in a mood and let me hear it.
So I tickled her.
That worked a little. She got in the shower, still talking about that park. Then she said, that since she got such a glowing report from school, that she should be able to do anything she wants over Easter vacation. Ya, sure.
After her shower, she asked if she could play in the bathtub.
YES! She thinks she got her way, only I'm the one who gets peace and quiet while she and Abby play in the tub.
I don't know whos child we took home from school, but I want the Phoebe that is in school all day, being so wonderful, helpful, listens well, and is a good example to other children.



5 comments:
I get the same thing with my girls and I have to clean my ears out...because they don't act that nice at home:) I still thank God that they know how to be respectful and behave for others. I have no worries that they will be good when I am not around. I must be doing something right...and so are you. Pat yourself on the back!
That is soooo my child! She whines and complains about EVERYTHING at home but her teacher says she is the perfect child.. I don't get it?
What a wonderful report from the teacher! :)
I remember that I had first grade students that were the opposite. Hellions at school, but angels at home. NOT a good way to go!
Oh how I agree. Isn't if funny how different they act around others... I agree with Mimi too, you have taught her well.
Blessings, and Happy Easter.
Ha! I hear ya, sistah!
Post a Comment