Sunday, March 15, 2009

Not Me Monday


Oh this has been a fine week. Thank goodness it's Not Me Monday and none of this stuff happened. HA! That's what this NMM is all about. We get to write things that we really do not want to confess to. shhh, but it really did happen. MckMama started this, so check out her Mr. Linky to see hundreds of others NMM.

The, My Child Was Not Sick post.

Phoebe was not sick all week, with a fever and she did not stay home from school, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.



Which means that she didn't have a stack of work to catch up on. Good grief, she is in 1st grade, what's with all the work?

After 3 days of being sick, and not saying 3 words all week, Phoebe did not catch up on her "backtalk" to me. Boy, sorry you were sick kiddo, but I sure didn't miss your mouthy talk much.

Against my better judgment, dad didn't take the girls shopping all over the place on Saturday. (while I lay around in bed til noon)

I'm sure germs didn't cover my children from shopping, and fester in to their already ill bodies.

And because Phoebe was not ill, I didn't have to take her to the ER Sunday night, because of ear pain.

She does not have double ear infection.

I will not have to call her in absent from school, yet another day. AHHHHHHHH

Poor baby.





Her little hospital gown and bracelet are not pretty cute on her. And that blanket was not the warmest, freshly heated blanket around.

What a week. And I am so glad another week of a sick kid is starting again. NOT!

Prayers appreciated. Thanks.

7 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh my you have had your fair share of yuck around there. Praying it all goes away soon. You deserved that rest while the kiddos and hubby went shopping.

Bridget said...

Hope that Pheobe gets better!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Sorry to hear about all the sickness...go into a bubble for a few days and then send them to school with those doctors masks on until flu season is officially over. Praying!

heidi said...

Awww! Poor Phoebe!!! Hope she's on the mend, soon. This has been just the WORST cold/flu season, I swear it. We can NOT get over the hump and on our way to everyone being well for the life of us.

amanda said...

hope she gets better soon!! glad you're "enjoying" the devo book!!

Wayne said...

great not me monday Stephanie.

Tell Phoebe I hope she feels better soon

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I'm so glad you got some time to yourself this weekend. You deserved it!