Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Thursdays

Every Thursday afternoon, I get together with some women at one of their homes, and we pray and study God's Word.

Oh, the devil tries to get me from going one way or another, but the Lord fights for me and I end up having the best time of fellowship.

We had a great time today. We studied all over the bible. We let the Lord lead us to what He wants us to learn. Today was about our marriages, and inlaws, and faith.

We were in Genesis, and Psalms, and Romans, and Hebrews, and Matthew, and more.

I loved our study about faith. In Hebrews 11, it's all about the people of the OT.
Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, and more.

Not once does it talk about their screw-ups. And they had many. Only their faith in God and the good that happened because of it. How refreshing! God can use a screw-up like me, because of my faith in Him.

Married with inlaws?

Genesis 2: 23-24 says - The man said, This is my bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called woman, for she was taken out of man. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

The man will leave (his parents), and then unite or cleave to his wife. They are now one, which means the husband has to put his wife first now (after God) and his parents second. (just in case that's not happening, the bible says it must)

and if the inlaws seem to you, like they are put first, go to Psalm 119: 31-32 I hold fast to your statutes O Lord; do not let me be put to shame. I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free. (or enlarged my heart) You could probably throw any subject in those verses, not just inlaws.

Anyway, that's what we were studying today. God's Word is so refreshing and I'm guilty of not being in His Word everyday. I need to be. I need to be. I need to be. Oh, 'scuse me, I'm just writing myself a reminder.

Happy Thursday.

4 comments:

Wayne said...

great post Stephanie. I found it intresting when you said about the devil fighting your every way you go but god fights for you every way you go.

Thankyou for visiting and I did get a few odd looks while taking pictures lol

amanda said...

glad you had a great study. missed you lately. boy i'm creepy and send out emails. glad you're not dead or sick. :0)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Oh how I love all of those... What a beautiful thing you women take part in. I love, and get so much from my Ladies Bible Study.

He & Me + 3 said...

I miss our mother's bible studies. Good for you getting in the word with other women. So awesome!