Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm sick

I'm not physically sick, just emotionally sick of all the sickness in this world. So many children, and adults having cancer or some other disease, or illness. Some dying from it. I hate it!

I read so many blogs where kids and adults are sick. Some just normal sick. Ex. colds, flu, just all around yuckiness, and many who have a disease and are fighting a losing battle.

I get so attached to these families, that it pains me when sickness occurs in their family. I feel like it's happening to my own family. I hurt when they hurt, I grieve when they grieve.

I do know I have an awesome and powerful God who saves and heals. I don't understand it all, but I know God is hearing my prayers and thousands others, of our intervening for these sick people. I know His answer, whether it's the answer we want or not, is His perfect will.

He deserves the glory. He is the great I AM! And to know we can boldly go before His throne and ask for anything, is a privilege I don't take lightly.

Today is no different. I go before my Great and Mighty Lord and ask for complete healing for:

Stellan, Heidi and her children, Sheryl, Abby, Samuel, Cindy, Tricia, Bridget, Mistee, Summer, Rooney and little Goose (allergies), Phoebe, Perry, Phyllis and so many others.

Lord hear my prayer.

7 comments:

C.C. and Double T said...

I know how you feel. I often feel the same way. It makes me long for heaven someday...

He & Me + 3 said...

It is so hard to hear and read all the bad news of sickness. I am praying and believing with you.

Sheryl said...

Oh I hear ya!! Don't know why but I am trying to get to know my God better through all of this. It's heartbreaking to read what people are going through. So glad that God saw to it, to bring us all together to help carry the load.

Not sure if you were referring to me in your post (I know I am not the ONLY Sheryl) but I do love and appreciate you so much!!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I feel the same way. It is so hard to hear these stories and follow these families, but at the same time, it is wonderful for them to have all of this support.

heidi said...

I am so touched that you are praying for us, Stephanie! Thank you. *sniff* I know in the big picture it's just a small speck of nothingness, but doggoneit we can NOT shake the illness this year!

Oh, uh, look how I just assumed you meant ME heidi, like I'm the only heidi in the world, right? HA!

amanda said...

it is so crazy to hear all the 'crazy' stuff. i'm just so thankful to have the relationship with the lord to rely on. he is good. and that doesn't change. it's our belief in that, that falters.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

It seems to be getting worse, doesn't it?
It breaks my heart to hear about all of the sad stories.