Friday, February 20, 2009

A New Day Dawns

It's 6:25 a.m. I've been up since 5:50. My cat meowed politely wanting her breakfast. I fell asleep early last night, so having plenty of sleep I obliged in feeding her. Otherwise her meows would have eventually turned into roars. No kidding, that girl can be loud. Sounds like a crying baby.

I checked my e-mails already, read updated blogs. Realized you people have things to talk about, and I do not.

The sun is just starting to rise. My cardinal couple just showed up. I have suet hanging in my tree in the front yard and they are the first to show up at it every morning. The male is singing joyfully, and the female is knocking at my front window. She has been doing this for over 2 years. She hops from the tree branch and gives a couple knocks with her beak. Sometimes it can go on for a long time. She does this throughout the day. It's right under our bedroom, so it's not always a joy to hear this early in the morning. Today it is a joy.

Phoebe doesn't have school today, due to winter recess, so the girls had a "sleepover" in Abby's room. I put them to bed a little after 9 last night, because Abby was zonking out big time. Phoebe wanted to read so I put Abby's eye mask on her (Abby) so the light wouldn't bother her. Phoebe was reading out loud, so I don't think Abby slept much.

I went to bed also, to read, and a little while after I settled in, I hear a bunch of pounding. I'm trying to figure out what it is, and of course my mind thinks someone is breaking in to take my kids. After a few more listens, I get up to attack the intruder. I look in Abby's room, expecting to see them sleeping peacefully, but open the door to Abby tap-dancing on her little stairs that lead up to her bed. Well, that is better than an intruder, but I had to stop their fun. No tap dancing after 9 girls.

All was quiet after that. I read some more then dropped off to sleep myself.

Which brings me back to this morning. The sun is still in it's stages of rising. The sky is pink and orange, and it looks cold out there. One click on Weatherbug tells me it's 2.8 degrees, with a 5 below windchill. Good day to stay in p.j.'s and go nowhere.

It's so quiet in the house when all is asleep. Sometimes I think back to when I was single and this was the norm for me. No noise unless I wanted to make it. Sometimes these days, I long for those quiet days. But I wouldn't want to be without my husband and children permanently, so I just look forward to mornings like this one, and thank God for the quiet He did give me, when the troops start waking up.

Speaking of God, I should be spending this quiet time with Him instead of this computer. I've been snotty to Him all week. Not wanting to pray, or talk to Him. Not wanting to open my bible.
And I'm doing this on purpose. He's knocking and I am not answering. I just didn't want to deal with Him over something, but now I'm ready to. Not that God deals, I'm ready to listen. He should sit me in a corner to think about it. Oh, He already has sat me in a corner. All week I have been thinking about my attitude, and now I'm ready to confess and repent and ask His forgiveness.

So off I go. I leave you with the risen sun, while I go talk to my Father and His risen Son.

7 comments:

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I love how really cold mornings are so peaceful. I do not live where it is cold, but have visited South Bend, Indiana, where it got pretty chilly. I remember waking up early one morning just as the sun was rising. It was beautiful. The air was saturated with coldness and seemingly nothing else. Perfect time for a conversation with my Father.
I hope that you have a good day today. When I start my day off by talking to Him, everything seems to go just a little bit smoother. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love my quiet peaceful mornings. Hope you had a good visit with God today. I have been missing some great time too lately. So tired all the time.

heidi said...

That was so desrciptive, Stephanie. The first part made me all peaceful.

The tap dancing made me laugh.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Beautiful post, it was very calming to read :-) I lol'ed at the tap dancing. Have a great day!

Sheryl said...

Great post. So glad you were ready to "deal" with God over whatever the issue was. There were things in my life that I took years holding onto, knowing full well that I was to let go.

Love the way you write.
Sheryl

amanda said...

love the post. and too bad you were too lazy to come to the mall. you missed a good time. :0) i pretty much lol at the tap dancing. does it have anything to do with the shoes found on tuesday?!? lol. breigh was wearing the ones you gave AMELYA yesterday. they both love them!! thanks so much again. praying you enjoyed your quiet time and you quit being a 'snot'. i've been one a little bit too lately.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I hope your day ended up well. I struggle with not spending enough time with God also..