Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm excited

I'm having a guest here today, and a lot of you know her. Well, you don't know her, know her, but you know her through blog land.

Amanda, a proud mommy of 4 is coming over to pick up some stuff for her Haiti giftaway.
She only lives about 20 miles away from me, and since she is going to be in my town, she is stopping in. How cool, that I get to meet a blog friend in real life.

I cleaned up a little, but I don't want her to think we live like this all the time, so I left a little mess.
(like I don't think she'll read this)

I showered my child, so she doesn't think she needs to call social services.

I'm not making the egg my child asked for, so the house doesn't smell like rot when she walks in the door.

And after this first impression, she can come over any time and see how we really live. (ok, we're not that bad) :o)

Also my nose started bleeding. You think she'll mind if I greet her at the door with a tampon stuck up my nostril? I don't think she will. She's read my blog and may suspect I'm weird.
Does any other lady out there get a nose bleed just before their period? It's not every month, but once in awhile. Strange.

Oh... and woohoo to me. I got my 15 seconds of fame over at MckMama's blog. I took 3rd place in her name a photo contest. Ya, I see all the blog traffic I got from that shoutout. HA

Better go and eat something, so I don't faint or throw up on her when she comes in. Ack, she has 4 little ones, she's used to getting thrown up on.

Update later.


Update: Amanda and I had a great time visiting. (or check her blog, maybe we didn't) Five children in the house ages 4 and under, and hardly a peep from them. They played well together. Her kids are very well behaved, and might I add adorable. One cute note: They were eating graham crackers and Amanda told one of her 4, "one more". "B" had a small one in her hand, and after hearing 1 more, she exchanged it for a large one. Very smart "B"!
We hardly made a dent in the toys we have around here, so I hope they come back.
Amanda is just like how her blog reads. Fast and bubbly, but gentle-mannered. 4 children all in to different things doesn't faze her at all. She's so calm with them. Even though they did nothing that she needed to be frazzled about. And she's cute too!

It was good. They are welcome back anytime.
"D" was thrilled to be here.

"A" loved the t.v. "B", and "C" didn't care to look at the camera.

they preferred to look at their mom.
My cat loved Amanda.

Smiles from Amanda and "C".

Finally "D" joined us and smiled all over the place.

7 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Have fun, I can't wait to hear all about it...

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Congrats on 3rd! That's awesome!
I think it is so cool that you are getting to meet a fellow blogger in real life. I hope you enjoy the visit. :)

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so glad you two got to meet. How fun. YOu are a crack up though. Tampon in your nose. Who would have thought? But a great idea if i ever get another bloody nose. lOL
I want to see pictures...got any from the visit?

Bridget said...

How fun, I think it would be neat to meet blog friends in real life!!!

heidi said...

OMGosh - a tampon in your nose! LOL

How fun that you guys got to meet!!

Amanda said...

The tampon in your nose is fantastic! I was a wrestling cheerleader my senior year of high school and that's how the wrestlers' nosebleeds would be taken care of. I'm sure you can imagine how high school boys felt about that... Speaking of high school, I actually graduated with Amanda's sister. :) I probably only live about 30 minutes from you. :)

agk11808 said...

very cute pics of my nieces and nephews! I am amandas sister, and yes she has be blog stalking you also now! nice to meet you. I also went with my sister after she left your house and when we were driving breigh said "going to stephanies house?" it was really cute