Mr. Wayne started this Tribute Tuesday. I think it explains itself. Write a tribute to anyone you want, then go to Mr. Waynes blog and link up with Mr. Linky to see others tributes.My 1st tribute will be to:
My Dad My dad left this earth 17 years ago at the age of 69. Too young, I know.
He was the father to 8 children, and we all grew up to be pretty decent people.
Trying to raise a large family on one income was tough for him, and we didn't have the best of things or a lot of things, but he made sure we had good food on the table. And he was our chef, when he wasn't working. A great cook at that. I still make food that he taught me how to make and it still tastes the same.
He was a calm man. He wasn't one to yell or get angry very much. He was quiet, and was a well liked man in the neighborhood.
He loved to garden and had beautiful flowers and a great vegetable garden.
He made holidays special for us, and for our friends too. He loved to make people happy with his talent of cooking.
He took such good care of us, and sacrificed himself because of it. He didn't have a lot or even need a lot.
He enjoyed being with his family, even though he didn't do much talking. He would just sit and observe and once in awhile we would hear a chuckle come out of him.
I'm sure there is tons more to say, but I may save that for another tribute.
He is a loved dad, and I miss him very much.



8 comments:
He sounds like an absolutely amazing man. It's great to read how much you really appreciate everything he did for you and the rest of his family. Thank you for sharing!
What a lovely blog you have! I see that we read some of the same blogs!
Thanks for visiting me. I so enjoy meeting and making new blog friends!
Great tribute tuesday. You captured it perfectly. Your dad was a truly amaizing person.
beautiful.
I loved reading about your dad...What a neat man he must have been. Great tribute!
Sounds like you dad was someone to be proud of. :)
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing about your Dad, he sounds wonderful! Thank you for stopping by my blog and the nice things you said too!!
God Bless
awwwww.. stephanie, what an amazing post! Sounds like he was lucky to have had a daughter like you. :0)
Post a Comment