For a long time now, I have wanted to have a regular exercise schedule. I have a treadmill, for those cold, snowy, slippery days in winter, and spring, and fall, in Wisconsin. When was the last time I used that? Months ago. I have a Leg Magic thingy. It's a machine that your legs scissor in and out and it only takes a few minutes of use a day. I love that, and used to do it daily, but now it's down to once or twice a week. The more I don't exercise, the lazier I am getting, so I need to get moving again.
This little lovely has inspired me. Read what she has to say about how she lost weight and eats healthier, (except when driving/walking through Wendy's drive through). Check out her photo's too. Woo hoo.
Right here in public, for whoever is reading this, I am committing myself to more exercise. I don't want to say daily, yet, because I may fail in that. Anyway, picking up after 2 kids and a husband gets me plenty of movement on a daily basis. I am not looking to lose a ton of weight, just need to tone up and shave a little off my midsection. Age has a way of making this harder to do, for me anyway. But with all you wonderful encourage-ers out there (aren't you?) I can do this.
Thanks Heidi for the inspiration.
I am now heading down to walk on my boring treadmill. I will post my miles and time on it later.
update: walked for 30 minutes. 1.453 miles. incline of 2.0. burned 168 calories. (if that's even accurate)
note to self: go to the bathroom before walking and wear a bra in case I want to run a little.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
heidi's story was inspiring. a treadmill must be very nice in this lovely wi weather. stay warm!
I found Heidi's story to be inspiring as well. Good luck on your quest! You can do it!
Loved your note to self at the bottom of the post. :)
I will join your walking club. I hoped on today for 20 minutes and 1.167 miles. I think she is inspiring too. I have been wanting to do this. Let's git r dun!
Great blog, I jogg alot and when I jog i just keep going that bit futher ever day I know you will do great with the tread mill.
Will you take part in my blog Idea called tribute tuesday please come check it out.
Post a Comment