Perry came home around 4:30 yesterday after being gone since the Thursday before last. Yay. He brought home some cheese curds and sticks of sausage. My kids love when he does this. One of my children (and I'm saying one of my children, because she has this attitude of "why are you talking about this?" and "I told you some things are private"!) ate waaaay too many sausages. I didn't know she ate that many until she told me, because I would have stopped it. Normal evening, kids running around, having fun. Normal bedtime. Girls slept in Abby's bed together. Perry goes to bed, I go to bed. Perry starts snoring loudly and disturbing my sleep. I go into Phoebe's room and fall asleep. 1:00 a.m. one of my children comes looking for me, finds me, and tells me she threw up on the bed. Oh great. I go in and smell, not throw-up, but sausage. Blech! Knowing that it's really throw up and not sausage almost makes it worse than smelling throw up. I pull off the comforter, find out the blanket under it has some, pull that off, see the sheets are wet. So as not to disturb the other childs sleep, I wipe off the sheet, and throw a towel over it, and tell empty stomached child to get back in. She protested some, that no way she was going to sleep on a towel. Ok then, sleep on the wet, puked on sheet. She slept on the towel. We all go back to bed. Meanwhile hubby is snoring in the comforts of our bed. No clue what's just went on.
This morning I wake up and remember that I have bedding to wash. I go get the sheets and see the wall is covered with a nice spray of barf. Sausage smelling barf. Along with the carpet, which of course the puke is lodged between the floorboard. With daughter in the shower, washing sausage out of her hair, I am washing sausage puke off the wall and carpet.
Ok she's clean, wall is clean, carpet is clean. Time for bedding. Sheets are now in the washer, and I am dreading peeling apart the comforter to see the big damage. I have to get the big chunks of puke off before I put it in the washer, because those won't go down the drain. Washer is now in spin mode, which means I have to get moving. Daughter doesn't have the flu, just a case of too much greasy sausages.
Happy Saturday!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Yum! So glad we are having sausages for breakfast. LOL I am kidding...I will opt for a bowl of cereal today. Sorry you had such a night. Been there...just last month with Stunt Man. Make sure you get it all off the wall, or you will have a NMM post about finding it 3 weeks later clingy to the wall for dear life. LOL
Have a great Saturday!
blech. is right. i am SO sorry. if it makes you feel any better i can totally 'smell' it with you. :0) good thing i am not the one washing it though. lol.
You poor thing!
My eldest has severe reflux. Nothing worse than midnight 'pukies'.
Enjoy your weekend! :)
OMGosh *gag* that's just disgusting. Poor little love! ANd poor you for having puke duty. Puke duty blows.
Post a Comment