Friday, December 12, 2008

Such a happy day

Yahoo, God has provided, as always. Thanks and praise to Him always.
Christmas shopping is getting done. Christmas tree searching later today. Two, count them, TWO bills that we thought had to be paid now, do not have to paid until later. One in January, one in February.
But, there is a problem, and I am the problem. I know that God always provides for us, yet I still think about how are we going to do this, instead of how is God going to do this. So, is this why I'm happy? Because God provided? What if He didn't? I can't just be happy when He provides. And I don't think it's really about happiness anyway. My life should be about praising God in the storm and in the calm. I'm not that good at doing that. I'm good at telling other people to do that, and I think I'm doing it, but in reality, I fail at it often.
If this sounds like rambling, it's because the Holy Spirit is putting these thoughts in my heart and head, and fingers right at this minute. Because this is not what I intended this post to be about. And the tears are pooling up. They are good tears though. Cleansing tears, that make for a change in me.
OK, I'm back. I guess this post is done. It's still a happy day, but my happiness reasons have changed. I have to be happy with what God gives me, not what I think I have to have from Him. I have to surrender all. I have to say that again for my sake. I HAVE TO SURRENDER ALL!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Love the posts that come straight from the heart! Which means I really loved this one. I've written often about whether it is the circumstances that cause me to praise or is it just God. We are all human and tend to get caught up in how we "feel", when it really is just about HIM.

Surrendering all? Wow, that is so hard to do but definitely something we all should strive for.

Praising God with you today! Just because...

~Sheryl

He & Me + 3 said...

Loved that Post! God is so good & gives us exactly what He thinks we need at the exact right time we need it...all for His glory! I surrender all too! wonderfully said!

amanda said...

so happy that he provided! i love how he always provides! it's the hard part about staying home and only one income...but GOD led me to do this and i know he will continue to provide! praising him with you!

heidi said...

The Loaves and The Fishes. That's going to be the title of my autobiography one day. I'll have two fish and 1 loaf of bread and THOUSANDS of peopel to feed - and I wonder how it's all going to get done. I don't trust, I don't surrender - even though He proves time and time again that HE provides, not me. Horrible cycle. RIght there with ya.

Sending you love.