Yay, I didn't have to drive Phoebe to school today. All schools were canceled in the area because of up to 14 inches of snow. Perry had to travel for work, so he couldn't snowblow the driveway for me, so our wonderful neighbor did it for me. I was so appreciative. He did 3 other driveways too. Must be a guy thing, once you get control of the beast, you want to conquer it all. So I made up a pot of chili and brought some over to him and his wife. I am trying it now to see if it's edible. It is.
The girls and I went out to play in it. It was pretty deep, but they had fun. Abigail had enough after an hour, and after eating a pound of snow, she came in and had hot chocolate, but Phoebe is still out there. It's nice we have a fence around the yard, so I don't have to keep that close of an eye on her. I'll check in a few minutes to see if she has her tongue stuck to anything metal. (This chili really is quite good.)
Just checked on Phoebe and she is making snow castles. New snow is always fun. Looks like we'll be having a white Christmas. But then it can go away.
update: I may never see my family again. I thought I didn't like change, but I was wrong. I found out about free blog backgrounds and am now hooked. Every month, or season, or whenever I'm in the mood, I will be putting on a new background. Hey, this is new to me, so be happy for me. Remember, I'm not one for change. I got this Christmas background here. And who doesn't love FREE? It's funny how such a simple little thing can change your mood.



4 comments:
totally agree on the whole white christmas then go away! love the pictures. i can't wait til the girls are bigger and can get themselves bundled up. that's the worst part! i spent one month in the two year old room at the daycare when i worked. 12 two year olds. in winter. not fun.
I love the new header...! or maybe that was a while ago? I guess you got a lot of snow, and I thought Minnesota had a lot??
I love the new look and the new header, just beautiful. Looks like a fun day.
I LOVE your new look!!!
And that is a lot of snow. We finally have some sticking to the ground. It's weird for us, being in Montana, that we haven't had real snow until now. Looks like the girls had a blast!!
Post a Comment