Saturday, December 27, 2008

After the Storm




We have had some storms here. We have had snowstorms, and the storm of Christmas celebrations. All is calm now. I wish I could say all is bright, but we are fogged in.
Perry was supposed to leave for working in NY on Friday, but the fog canceled all flights. So this morning, he drove to Milwaukee to catch a flight, but that was canceled. He is now driving to Chicago to catch the last leg of his Milwaukee flight to NY. If that is canceled, he will be driving to NY. 12.5 hours, 700+ miles. Personally, I think he's crazy, but it's his job, and he's trying to keep the customer happy. All this, so the customer can get a tax break at the end of the year. It's pretty sad that it's all about money.

The storms of Christmas celebrations are winding down too. Christmas Eve found us over the river and through the woods, to grandma's house. She has the tiniest house but we managed to fit 15 people in it. Food was great, with tons of leftovers to bring home. Nice gifts, that were not too over the top for my kids. Christmas Day, we opened our gifts here. The girls loved everything. Abby's favorite is her dollhouse,


and Phoebe's favorites are her crafty things, and her Easy Bake oven, and her "hoodies". We made a cake yesterday, and as bad as it looks, it tasted great. They sure make the pictures on the box look better than they really turn out to be.
Some of my family came over Christmas day. We ate too much, and sang karaoke. We are sooooo bad at singing, (except my brother-in-law) but it was fun.
Today, my sister is having family at her home. We may make it over there later. (darn it, Phoebe just read this, and now she will be bugging me all day, asking if we are going.)
I'm catching up on cleaning and laundry, and it feels good to get back into routine. The calm after the storm.

5 comments:

Candy said...

Oh how I miss the doll house and Easy Bake Oven days! I can't believe they still make them. Even I had one! My daughter's doll house was ordered from the Sear's catalog when she was about 6 and everything was on backorder. So several days a week for about a month, something was delivered for the dollhouse by UPS. To this day, my kids still call UPS trucks "doll house trucks." (They are 28, 29, & 32...)

Thanks for the flashback!

Kelly said...

Beautiful girls!! Visiting from He&me +3!! Have a great New Year!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Hope that he doesn't have to drive all that way. Yuck. Glad that Christmas was nice for you despite the winter storms. The girls look so happy. BTW...love your new header, so cute!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Your girls are too cute! And I love the picture of the cat under the tree. That is where my cat spent most of her time.

BTW, I came via Mimi's blog. I love your blog design! It would fit mine very well(Confessions of a Snowflake). Take care! I hope you have a great week!

Sheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by and praising God with me. Thanks also for your continued prayers. I'm telling ya', when I come over here and see those sweet faces!! Oh they are just so cute. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Loved the cards they made for you.

~sheryl