A local music store hosted a downtown music fest each day from noon to 1:00. Phoebe and Abby and two of their friends took to the street and sang and played for $$ to aid Feeding America. Monday they raised $16.00, Tuesday they raised $71.16, and Thursday they raised $17.50. Many musicians came out and played but I'm not sure what the grand total was for Feeding America. I guess, that whatever the total was, someone was going to match it. Last year $1500 was raised but there was no match. Hope they did well!
Today was our Flag Day parade. It was a HOT 90 something degrees but we found a shady spot and enjoyed the bands and floats. This float impressed me. The guys on here are real! They were depicting the photo, Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima. These guys did not move at all. I couldn't imaging going the whole parade route in the positions they were in. I wouldn't have known this was real if I hadn't seen the guys getting ready before the parade. Wish I would have been on the other side of the street to compare the two.
Add in swimming, roller skating, biking, new school touring, and we had a full week. One down, several more to go. I'm pooped already.



No comments:
Post a Comment