Thursday, December 1, 2011

Here I go again

Guess where I'm going tomorrow?
I've been Geocaching all last week, and most of this week, and I'm going again tomorrow.
I've got bumps and bruises from climbing this tree, but yes, I did find the cache.
I crossed a creek on Monday to get to a cache, and along the way I took a stick to the eye. Not fun. My new boots said they were waterproof so I had to prove it. My feet got a smidge wet, but not enough to bother me. I suppose when they say waterproof, they don't actually mean go wading across creeks. On another cache, I almost fell into the river while trying to reach a cache that was hidden deep under a wall on the riverbank. We slid down the slippery banks on the edge of a cemetery only to be disappointed to find out that the tree limb we needed to balance on over the river was way under water and we couldn't reach the cache. If it was warmer weather we probably would have tried it. Maybe. I did see a river rat swimming around the tree limb. Ugh. We got poked and scratched by thorns and found one geocache hiding in the skull of an animal. Fun times. Fun times.
Anyway, bright and early tomorrow morning, I'll be heading out again in search of little containers with a little piece of paper in it so I can sign my geocaching name to it. I know....crazy.
Crazy, but fun.

4 comments:

Sean and Lisa said...

It's an addiction, huh?! LOL! I've heard of others that geocache faithfully as well.
Hope you find it without much damage to your body. :)

~Mistee~ said...

Sounds scary but fun!! Love the Christmas blog design by the way. :-)

Libbie said...

I was telling my lil sister about you & al the adventures you take the girls on!

Thanks for keeping my lil' secret I was going to announce for Christmas ...not to be but we are so blessed already :) Thanks for your sweet words today Stephanie...I am amazed how encouraged I am by real friends....whom I have never ven met :)

Merry Christmas! Now don't go famlling out of any trees :)

Libbie said...

P.S. Your blog name holds so much meaning to me today...indee it is my friend!