Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meeting the Neighbors

Friday night a couple down the street from us, invited us and a few neighbors over for a cookout. We never met these neighbors before. One of the neighbors have 4 kids around the age of my kids. So that was cool. They have twins that are 11, so Phoebe thinks that is the coolest thing ever. They played together and got along very well. The next day 2 of the kids came down to our house to play but my girls were gone for the day. Tonight Phoebe and I went for a bike ride and ended up by their house. One of the girls was outside and immediately invited us in for zucchini cake. We declined, but I thought that was very kind of them. I wonder if their mother would have appreciated it if we had gone in for cake. Phoebe invited them on a bike ride with us and they accepted. We biked to a nearby park where they immediately jumped off the bikes and climbed up the nearest tree in 2.3 seconds flat. Holy monkey's! Those girls can climb! I'm sure it helps that they have the longest legs I ever saw. I think their legs were as long as Phoebe is tall. HA! Phoebe got up to one branch, but they were so high, I thought I was going to have a small heart attack. They climbed 3 different trees and finally went to play on the actual playground equipment. It was getting dark so we biked them home and got invited in for zucchini cake by the other twin. We declined again, and Phoebe told them they would see them tomorrow. Crap, we have some good climbing trees in our yard.
Speaking of crap...I was geocaching tonight and when I opened a cache that I found, two small dog turds fell out. Nice! Someone is NOT happy that a geocache is placed where it is placed. Don't know why, it is not even near anyone's house. I'm slightly turned off of geocaching now, but we are trying to get our 2000th cache before our 2 year anniversary of geocaching. That will be August 8. We have 26 more to find, then we will hit 2000. If I find any more dog turds, I quit!
Lots more horrible/exciting geocaching news going on, but I can't write about it yet.
How's that for a cliffhanger?

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Ewwwww, dog turds. How rude of whoever it was that put them there.

Neat that you and the girls are getting to know the neighbors.

Good luck on getting your last 26 chaches!

~Mistee~ said...

Dog poop!!!! Gross!! Why in the world would someone do that?

So glad you met some new neighbors!! I love doing that!!

Grace said...

ICK thats just nasty!I'm sending good luck on the next 26 :)

Cheeseboy said...

Wish we had neighbors that offered baked goods.

He & Me + 3 said...

How cool to have fun neighbors. Sorry about the dog turds...that is just gross and rude. Hope you found your 26 before today ends.