It started out with my MIL calling up and saying that Disney On Ice was coming to our area soon and would we like to go.
Now, I'm not one to pass up an offer of other people buying my and my childrens way into an event, but I thought $60 a ticket was a bit much. She insists on front row seats. I told her that we have been to DOI many times and maybe we could find something else to do with the girls. For less money.
So Friday night we headed out to an old Victorian house that was decorated still for Christmas. It was the first house in the world to have hydro powered electricity, back in the 1800's.
Their website said it was open Thursday and Friday nights until the 15th. HA!
We got there and the sign on the door told us that the last night tours ended on Dec. 23. The website made no mention of that.
Now what?
MIL brought up a play/musical that was playing in the area, but didn't know where. Well gee, let's head right on over....WHERE?!
Called Perry, he looked it up somehow and we made our way there.
The only seats left were balcony, last row. Whatever, it was something to do.
Come to find out that the theater is not that big and balcony, last row were perfect seats. The seating was so steep, that the person in front of you was not in our way at all. And to not have anyone behind us was great.
The musical was really good. It was called Forever Plaid.
My MIL really liked it because the music was from her era.
I liked it because I knew most of the songs, and the actors really did a great job. Their singing was awesome.
The girls liked it because it was a grown up thing to do and they felt pretty cool going to a grown up musical.
After that we went to a greasy burger joint and ate junk food. Yum,
Saturday, I went to lunch with my long lost high school friend. She was at our wedding 11 years ago, and I saw her at her moms funeral a few months back. That's been it in 11+ years. How terrible.
It was an awesome reunion. We sat at the restaurant for two hours eating and gabbing, then went to her house and caught up on more years for 7 more hours! We picked right up like we never had that big span of years between us. It was wonderful and so much fun. We promised each other that we will not let years go by like that again. Good grief, she only lives in the next city. It's not like she lives forever away!
Perry asked me before I left when I would be home. I told him..."getting together and talking with "L"...about midnight". He laughed but didn't think I was serious. Well it wasn't midnight but being on a lunch date for 9 hours made it pretty close.
Today my MIL called and asked if we wanted to go to that Victorian house today. So we went. What a gorgeous house! We had a guided tour and the lady was so filled with information. The woodwork and decor was so beautiful.
Sadly I could take no pictures of either the play or the house.
FINALLY! After many months of it hanging by a thread, Abby's front tooth came out. Seriously, this tooth was hanging at Thanksgiving, and everybody was ready to hand over their money when it came out. Thanksgiving came and went. For sure by Christmas it was going to come out and she would have to sing, All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth. Everybody was ready to hand over their money on Christmas too, Nope! Christmas came and went. She hung on to it. The new tooth was already growing behind it. Finally last week, I told to just get behind it and flip it out. She tried but didn't think anything happened. I saw it fly out across the room and she tried feeling it with her tongue and found out that nothing was there. Yahoo! At last it's out. She has about 4 or 5 other loose ones too. Who knows when they're coming out.
The tooth fairy came through well.It was a filled and fun weekend.



9 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend and what a cute picture of Abby with her missing tooth!
It does sound like a fantastic weekend!Losing teeth means they are growing but I alway's get excited about it.
So glad the play worked out. I've seen Forever Plaid here in our little summer theatre. My mom went with and she sang so much I was afraid they'd call her up on stage. LOL! At least it was a fun musical for the girls to experience.
Hey Abby, great job on the tooth!! I hope you scored big with the tooth fairy. :)
Much love!
Lisa
Hooray for a great weekend! Abby is adorable!
What a sweet smile! Love Abby's pic.
Your weekend sounds busy, but oh, so much fun! I hope your week is a great one.
Hugs...
Having been around loose teeth for seven years. I know how those things can hang on. Ugh.
I am a huge Disney guy, but NOT a fan of Disney On Ice. Just because it is "on ice" does not mean it's good.
Love the new space in her mouth! AT LAST! I appreciate your fingers crossed and prayers said for my audition tonight! Peace, Unicyclerose
She looks so cute! My daughter WANTS to lose a tooth. Sheesh. None are loose yet.
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time and I'm glad you had some ME time with your friend. I can't remember what that feels like. lol
Have a super blessed day!
Beth
Way to go Abby! (& toothfairy :)
She looks super cute!
Sounds like a ton of fun with your MIL! We hit a burger joint after the last musical we saw too :)
Love girl time!
Post a Comment