Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dear Diary...

Five days ago we celebrated Christmas. It seems like ages. Sure it was festive and nice, but it's over. All the preparation that led up to it and it's over. I want to take the decorations down, but I am forcing myself to wait until after New Years Day.

News of broken families and divorce have saddened me these past days.

People arguing the Word of God saddened me too. They think they are fighting against us and how we think, when it's really them fighting our belief of what God says in His Word. When is the right time to shake the dust off your feet and move on?

I am so ready to say goodbye to these shingles. I had the worst pain last night, since they started. Imagine someone taking an ice pick and stabbing it in to your arm and neck over and over again. I'm just done.

Among all this sadness and pain, I still have the joy of the Lord. And to Him I cling.

A few photos...
Our family on Christmas Day. I did dress for the occasion, but it looks like I forgot makeup. HA!
Phoebe also dressed for the celebration. Perry looks like this everyday, and Abby never got out of her pajamas and antlers. What a group! HA!
Me enjoying the loot under the tree.

And no manger scene is complete without the lizards visiting the baby Jesus.
Peace in Jesus!

5 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh they're great photos - with or without makeup!

I'm so sorry you're steal dealing with the Shingles. Ugggh.

NO FUN!!!

Feel better soon and hope you have a great NEW YEARS CELEBRATION!

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad to hear from you again. I was wondering. That is a beautiful family picture. I love the pjs and antlers:) I wouldn't have noticed the no makeup. you look great.
I hope and pray that the shingles go away from your body soon. How painful.
Hugs,
Mimi

C.C. and Double T said...

At least everyone was true to themselves and their sense of style! Ha! :-)

LOVE the lizards... they really MAKE the manger scene! ;-)

Bridget said...

Been missin' you!! Hope you're feeling better soon! Love the pictures and got a kick out of the lizards at the manger.

wife.mom.nurse said...

I hope you are doing better with your shingles! I am so sorry you have suffered so much.

Looks like a wonderful Christmas with your family :)