Friday, April 17, 2009

We had a date!

Perry and I actually had a date tonight without children. They went to grandma's house (to sleep over too) and we went out to eat with my sister and her husband. We took a nice drive to a quaint little town, and ate at a place by the river. Our seating overlooked the river and we watched a ton of people fishing, in their boats and off the bridge. Seeing we don't eat out very often, I ordered one of the most expensive things on the menu. Stuffed tenderloin. It was stuffed with onions, portabella mushrooms, and it said pepperjack cheese, but I think it was mozzarella. It didn't have the zip of pepperjack. It was great, and I brought half home, so I can enjoy it some more tomorrow.

Then my brother-in-law says he's picking up the check. Whoa, if I would have known that, I would not have ordered such an expensive dish. :o+

Then Perry was talking to my bil about end times, and a waitress comes up to him and says she was listening to what he had to say about the book of Revelation and wanted to know more and wanted to find a church that spoke of it. She lives in our city, so she knew what church we were talking about, so we hope she shows up on Sunday. Actually, Perry wanted to send her to a different church down the street. Both these churches are good churches, but the other one does more teaching, than preaching. If she does show up, maybe he can steer her there too. Their Wednesday night bible studies are great, bible digging studies.

So we had a nice drive home around the river, and the lake watching watching the sunset, when Perry slams on the breaks avoiding hitting a deer. Wow, he missed that deer by an inch. I looked in to it's eyes as it ran in front of the truck. Thank You God!

We dropped off the two old folk, and before going home, we stopped at a coffee shop in our downtown. I found a dime. That thrilled me. Perry got a boat load of ice cream and a coffee and I got a decaf vanilla/buttercreme coffee. It was good. Blazing hot though, so I put a scoop of Perry's ice cream in it and wa-la vanilla/buttercreme/raspberry coffee. We chilled out there for awhile (no kids, remember) and then headed home.

It was a fine evening, but it's not over yet. No kids...remember? ;oD

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

YOu had me at portabella mushrooms. OMGosh, my favorite. YUM! Then I found a dime yesterday too. How cool. What a nice night you had and cheap too thanks to BIL:)

amanda said...

yay for a date night!!! i'm so proud of you. :0) date nights are always fun. and how much cooler that someone else PAID for it. :0) enjoy this last nice day...because pretty much winter is back tomorrow. well close enough!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Sounds like a great night. I love date nights, it is so needed for a marriage. I'm glad you had a good night, and didn't even have to break the bank...

heidi said...

That's awesome! It sounds like a great date night!

Sneaky Momma said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time on your date. That's great that you were able to share the Word with your waitress. :)