Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm disturbed

Heidi over at Sacred and Profane has a post up about her and her daughters butting heads over "everyone else does it, wears it, listens to it..." Go read it. That girl cracks me up.

Anyway, her post got me thinking about the thing that bugs me about what my girls listen to. This is only a commercial, but it bothers me that every time it comes on, they sing to one song in particular. It's the Kid's Bop CD, and seeing these kids sing these songs that just aren't meant for their age group irks me.

The song is Disturbia, but my girls sing Servia. Phoebe can read, but hasn't taken the time to really see what the name of the song is. It's a short piece of the lyric, and they sing "Servia, the darkness will arise, Servia. That's it, and I know it's wrong, but I'm not going to tell him to sing the real lyrics.
Real lyrics below.

What's wrong with me?
Why do I feel like this?
I'm going crazy now

No more gas, in the rig, can't even get it started
Nothing heard, nothing said, can't even speak about it
On my life, on my head, don't wanna think about it
Feels like I'm going insane, yeah

It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you
A disease of the mind, it can control you
It's too close for comfort

Put on your pretty lies, you're in the city of wonder
Ain't gon' play nice, watch out you might just go under
Better think twice, your train of thought will be altered
So if you must falter be wise

Your mind's in disturbia, it's like the darkness is light
Disturbia, am I scaring you tonight?
Disturbia, ain't used to what you like
Disturbia, disturbia

Faded pictures on the wall, it's like they talking to me
Disconnecting on calls, the phone don't even ring
I gotta get out or figure this sh** out
It's too close for comfort, oh

It's a thief in the night to come and grab you
It can creep up inside you and consume you
A disease of the mind it can control you
I feel like a monster, oh

Put on your pretty lies, you're in the city of wonder
Ain't gon' play nice, watch out you might just go under
Better think twice, your train of thought will be altered
So if you must falter be wise



Ya, real nice lyrics for kids to sing. And I would have posted the video, but no thanks. Too much of a bad thing.

Sure it may be cute that my kids are singing it wrong, but I feel it's satan's way to creep in to their little minds, and bring them to more sin.

So, satan...you're outta here, as best as I can boot you out. I'm not going to be drastic and get rid of the t.v., but I will moniter it more, try to steer them away from the tv, and if Kid's Bop comes on and starts luring my kids in to this evil world, I will turn it off, and explain to my kids why I did that.

4 comments:

amanda said...

wow. crazy. i won't let my girls have bratz dolls because they look like little hoochie mommas. i too watch what the hear and see. it's crazy dark world!!

Wayne said...

theres somthing for you on my page

He & Me + 3 said...

I am with Amanda...no Bratz dolls and no kidz bop. They need to be shown the truth at home, because it's not likely they will get it out in the world. Sad, but true.

heidi said...

Mwah.

Kids Bop is FORBIDDEN in this house. Nothing like hearing your sweet little girl sing about cheating on her man and getting busy to make y ou sit up and take notice.

Bratz dolls are also a no-no. WE don't have them and I refuse to let the girls buy them as gifts for friends.

I'm mean like that.

Good for you for being mean like that, too.