Sunday, January 11, 2009

All you can do is laugh.. +NMM

The post below will NOT be happening to me.


Picture this.... It's Valentine's Day, 2009. Hubby buys tickets for an evening out, traveling 2 hours to see his favorite group, Celtic Women. I'm sure there will be a nice dinner before the show. The lights dim, spotlights shine on the beautiful women with their flowing gowns. Their melodic voices fill the arena, like meadowlarks singing in a flower filled field. The love songs press into everyone's heart, and romance fills the air. Oh what a sight it will be.....for my husband and his
MOTHER!

Go read my title again..... go ahead, laugh. I am. I am not interested in the least to see these women sing. I would be bored to tears and asleep in a mere moment. Not my style of music, at all. I don't mind him going at all, I just wish it wasn't on Valentines Day. Not that we ever have plans to do anything then, but it's just not a day that you want to tell people that your husband went to a concert, who by the way has a women in it that he just,
loves, (her voice) and has the most beautiful eyes, so beautiful in fact that his wife is jealous, ( ha ha, I never said that, nor do I think it at all) his world, his fantasy..... with his mother.


HA...but I'll get him. The following day (Feb. 15th) I will be going to see some great guys doing what they do best, on ice. Yes, I am going to see Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, the soldiers from Toy Story, (Mmmm, gotta love a man in uniform) and a slew of others perform Disney on Ice.....with his mother. Dear mom sure gets around. Gotta love her. Gotta laugh.

Nope, this will NOT be happening to me.



MckMama's free therapy continues here.

14 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh, I am cracking up. You will have way more fun at Disney on Ice and you will get better pictures to share on the blog. Too funny!

heidi said...

LOL Looks like mom-in-law sure gets the benefit of your different tastes!

Lorina said...

LOL.. very funny.

Happy Not Me Monday.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Love your twist on Not Me Monday!
Man, I want to bundle up just looking at your header. :)

Wayne said...

Great not me monday, and in answer to your question she has her virgin working for her all day and she loves pressing all the buttons lol

Christy said...

ROFL!! I just found you through Lori!
Off to read more about you, but love this Not Me Entry! I still need to do mine for the day!

Anonymous said...

Better her than you, right? lol

Jennifer said...

You will have much more fun!

amanda said...

that is too funny. we were thinking about disney on ice too!

Rachel said...

That just cracks me up. Sounds like you will both have a great time - just maybe postpone your romantic date?

By the way... I LOVE the name of your blog!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh my goodness...that is too funny, although both venues I would enjoy seeing! I hope each of you have a good time respectivly!
Thanks for blogging by!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Wow, Celtic Women? Is that one of these new hip up and coming hip hop groups? I have to say, Steph, love the change of pace on the Not Me's. Thanks for stopping by.

Lane said...

Sorry, above post was from me...the wife borrowed the computer earlier. :)

---Lane

Sara said...

Too funny! This cracked me up!