Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just Saturday




Perry woke up at 6 a.m. to go up north to get his hunting stand ready for next weekends opening of deerhunting. Phoebe and Abby got up and did who knows what at 7:30. I slept in until 9:30. I probably would still be there if Phoebe didn't come up and ask me to make breakfast. 9:30! how glorious. After a breakfast of pancakes and bacon, they played with my old Chrissy doll. If you are a kid of the 70's, you'll remember she's the one who's hair will grow with a push of a button, and shorten with a turn of a knob. Well, the hair is broken, but they like to dress her up in the cool 70's clothes that she has.


We made a trip to the post office, then the library. My city library is a few blocks from the post office, but I didn't want to pay for parking, so we went to another city. Like a quarter or two would have killed me. No doubt, I payed more for the gas to get to the other library, than to park at our library, but I think I was trying to prove a point. I proved a point to nobody, since the city didn't know I was trying to prove a point. Anyway, the library was ok. Read a few books then left. I was going to be a fun mom and wander around the mall, get an Annies pretzel, check out Build a Bear, but as I got nearer to the mall, the traffic trying to get in the mall was nuts, so I headed home. Phoebe whined that there was nothing to do there, but I was driving, so I won. Home we are. They colored the pages they got at the library, and are now settled down, watching Spongebob Squarepants. I may take a nap. Maybe I'll be nice and take them out to eat later. Maybe. They don't know that yet, so shhhhhh.


We may be mourning another one of our goldfish. This is Fin. Phoebe got him for her 5th birthday, so he has been with us for a year and a half. He's not gone yet, but his lack of being upright, tells me he is on his way upstream, to the big bowl in the sky. He may be joining Tigerlily, who's body rests in the freezer, waiting to be joined outside with Finny. Next to our cat, Whitt.
Boy, what a day, and it's only 3:00. Wonder what tonight will bring.

Update: I was a nice mom, and took the girls to the mall. We ate our wonderful Annie's pretzels. I had to wait a minute for my jalapeno pretzel to be done and it was worth the minute wait. It was soft and hot and HOT as in jalapeno hot. Yum! Their lemonade is great too. We smelled Yankee Candles. I couldn't decide what smell to buy, so I bought nothing. which is dumb of me, because I have a great, buy one get one free coupon. We then went to Build-A-Bear. I had no intention to buy, but the girls had the sweetest, pleading faces so I gave in. They had some money, so I pitched in the rest. I don't think I spend that much money on my clothes, I can't believe I spent that kind of money on a stuffed bear and rabbit. They are cute though. The bear has a matching hat and scarf, to her sweater, that I think I am going to get someday. Too cute! We girls had a fun girley day.

1 comment:

amanda said...

love the build a bear animals. i just bought the purple outfit for breigh's puppy. and annie's pretzels. yummy. so the ONLY place to get pretzels at the mall. i LOVE the lemondae too. and my girls don't. that means i get to drink it all myself. lol.