Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not Me Monday


Another week started and today is Not Me Monday. A sweet blogger, who by the way is having a baby on Wednesday, started this. Pray for her and her baby, and stop in at http://www.mycharmingkids.net/ to check hers and other blogs for Not Me Monday.

1) I did not run to 4 different stores looking for a particular bag of candy bars, (for my husband) and when I did not find them I did not buy the last 2 bags. (what's with the world buying up all the Heath Bars?)

2) I did not tell my husband where he could put those candy bars. (that I did not buy)

3) I did not eat 2 of the most incredible donuts ever, one right after the other. That would be piggish.

4) I did not hope the lady in front of me at church would take her very loud child out of church. After all, doesn't Jesus say... "Let the little children come to me and forbid them not.? That would not be very Christlike of me if I thought that.

5) I did not throw out some of my kids junk.... er, I mean toys, without them knowing.

6) I am not excited about Halloween, because I don't raid my kids candy, because I don't like candy.

7) It is not Sunday night.

Have a nice week to you all.

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I did not find you on MckMama's blog, I am not sitting here with wet hair, glued to my computer reading Not Me's! Your girls are darling! Have a good week!
CountryMom :)

Ohilda said...

Great Not Me's! I also have NOT thrown away kids toys without them knowing...heh!

Ohilda

~*Mistee*~ said...

oh my word, funny! I love your not me's...

BTW, u have to try the new Hershey kisses that look like candy corn! They are white chocolate and oh sooooo yummy!!

Aspiemom said...

Adorable girls!

You must love your husband very much and I hope he appreciates his candy bars!

I don't know...teens do a lot of things I wouldn't do. I wouldn't wear my pants hanging down, exposing my underwear. Slippers at the hairdressers I could get by with, tho. (I did go back for my shoes since I hadn't gotten far from the house.)

Esther said...

I'm not planning on a toy purge before Christmas comes! I also don't sneak my kid's candy. Not all of it. Just the good stuff.

heidi said...

Great list!!!

I think I'm actually glad that I can't have chocolate right now. I'd be eating it by the bagful.

Stacey said...

Getting rid of toys...er, junk...is such a freeing thing to do! I envy you because that was on my to do list this weekend and it didn't happen.

Rebecca Lily said...

Sooooo funny!!!! :) Love the one about the baby in church. I have (guiltily) thought that to myself many times!! And I am INFAMOUS for throwing away my kids' junky toys!!!!! Today my daughter was like, "Mommy, I want to be a doctor for Halloween... but where is the dr. set??" You can guess where it is!!

Miranda said...

Thank you for visiting me at my blog! That is cool we are so close! We love Wisconsin! My Hubby is a Packer fan so he is right where he wants to be this time of year. We are from Indiana and may be heading back within the week or so.
Your girls are beautiful! Your 'Not Me's' are great! Thanks again for your visit!